“One thing that I was always sceptical about throughout my pregnancy was food. Though my doctors had provided me an elaborate diet chart but being a first-time mother, my scepticism never died. That is when I visited a dietician to give me clear idea on how to make sure that my food intake is helping my baby. To my wonder, these food items were the most common ones and helped me give birth to perfectly healthy baby”
These food items are amazing throughout the pregnancy and makes sure to supply enough dietary nutrients to your baby. So don’t forget to include them in your diet chart to give birth to an adorable darling.
7 Effective Foods to Help Fetus Gain Weight
Truly, it is an amazing experience to be a mother. It comes with lots of happiness, body and lifestyle changes, social and emotional changes and responsibilities. But a lady should always keep in mind that a healthy baby comes from a healthy mother. A pregnant woman always keeps the baby’s requirements as the top priority. And here’s some worthy advices to keep a count on.
Eggs are called the complete food. It is loaded with proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins and calories essential during pregnancy. Eggs packs newly discovered nutrient named choline which helps avoiding deficiencies. Choline is responsible for foetal brain and health growth. Just a egg provides about 25% of choline of total requirement. Eggs can be taken in any form like fried, steamed, boiled or in form of omelette or half fry.
Dairy products provide proteins and calcium for foetus growth. It also have good amount of zinc, magnesium, vitamins and phosphorus.
Yogurt is ultimate choice for pregnant. It is a great source of calcium and improves digestive health. Some yogurt varieties contain probiotic bacteria which help in reducing diabetes, infections and allergies.
All dairy products include milk, paneer, yogurt and cheese helps building skeletal and bone density in foetus.
Legumes and beans are the natural sources of fibre, folate, calcium, iron, vitamins and vegetarian protein. These are the fruits or seeds of a plant. The group includes peanuts, chickpea, soya beans, lentils, peas and beans. Just a cup of lentils everyday fulfils about 80% of total need.
Legumes are very important for mother and fetus. But most women do not consume enough amount and result in low birth weight due to lack of folate. Folate also help baby to build immune system to fight diseases later in life. It gives high amount of fibre, iron, magnesium and potassium.
In second and third trimesters of pregnancy, the body requires more calories. And it is the time of gaining weight. Whole grains contain fibre, vitamins, protein and magnesium. Whole grains are better than refined grains.
Oatmeal is a best option for starting your day. It keeps your energy level up, throughout the day.
Nuts and fruits
Fruits and nuts are great crunchy snack. Nuts contain Omega-3 and full of fats. Prunes and dates are high in fibre, potassium, and iron and plant compound and can help increase calories and nutrient. Walnuts and almonds have rich nutritional values.
Orange juice provides vitamin C, folate, potassium and folic acid which are very useful in after birth defects. Potassium is responsible for functioning of muscles and improve metabolism. Berries are also good for vitamin C, skin health, immune system functioning. Avocadoes are unusual fruit which contains fibre, vitamin B, K, potassium, copper, vitamin E, C and fatty acid.
Consumption of green leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and kale prevent constipation and are rich in antioxidants. It also helps in gaining fetal weight and has plenty of iron, folate, vitamin C, K and potassium.
Generally pregnant women don’t get enough Omega-3. Sea foods are rich in Omega -3 fatty acid which is responsible in development of brain, eyes and overall health. Possibly, all seafood is not safe for regular use because it contains mercury. Salmon fish can be eaten 2-3 times a week. It is low in mercury and helps improve your baby IQ level.
Some very effective food items that can give excellent results in enhancing weight are:
- Sweet potatoes
- Lean meat: beef, chicken
Apart from taking these magic food items and taking good care of your baby’s health, it is also vital to take good care of you and your baby’s overall health. There are some methods to improve your health during pregnancy that would make sure that your womb is being a good home for your baby for the magical 9 months.
- Try to eat fresh food items. Vegetables, fruits, protein rich dairy product, eggs, fish, should be included in diet. These healthy and nutritious food items contain minerals, vitamins, fatty acids required for baby.
- Drinking lots of water and keeping body hydrated helps reducing morning sickness and tiredness.
- For keeping your body active throughout the day, a pregnant lady should exercise regularly and properly. Regular exercise helps you stay healthy and flexible. Moreover, it helps in stress reduction and reduces labour complications.
- Relax body and mind by sleeping appropriate hours and other relaxation methods like yoga.
- Other than regular diet, some prenatal supplements are also necessary. These supplements provide folic acid, iron, and vitamins to body during pregnancy.
- Pregnant faces lots of tests and scans during pregnancy. One should choose a qualified and easily approachable doctor for pregnancy guidance. The tests and scans must be on time, so a pregnant well aware of baby’s conditions.
- For recharging yourself, choose appropriate fruit juices instead of taking caffeine. A pregnant must avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking as it is not good for baby’s health.
- It is very important to be happy during pregnancy. Maintain emotional health; take very good care of your skin, and body. And choose proper and comfortable clothing and footwear. Don’t forget to pamper and educate yourself. It gives inner strength.