One of the most difficult times for any woman is knowing that you are missing your periods but still not knowing whether you are actually pregnant. While it is best to confirm your doubts by taking medical tests, here we have listed few homemade pregnancy tests that can be used to back up your hunch.
Instead of stressing out about whether you are pregnant or not, take these any one of these easy 11 homemade pregnancy tests to put your mind at ease. All the pregnancy tests mentioned below can be done at home with the household resources which do not cost you extra. Once you have an answer to your doubts with the help of these homemade pregnancy tests you can book the doctor’s appointment.
One thing you must remember is that these home pregnancy tests are accurate only when taken at the right time. The right time can be either the first day of missing your period or three weeks after having unprotected sex.
It is also important to remember to use the urine sample from the earliest visit to the bathroom of the day you use any of the below home pregnancy tests. So here are the tests that you can take at your ease in the comforts of your home before you book a medical appointment to confirm.
11 Natural Ways to Test Your Pregnancy
Collected Urine Test:
This is one of the easiest home pregnancy tests that can be carried out when you are looking to welcome motherhood in your life. All you need for this test is urine and you can find out about your pregnancy question just by looking at the sample.
- Take a clean and sterilized vessel and fill it with your urine. (Remember, the test works best when you use the first urine of the day)
- Leave the sample to rest for 3 – 4 hours
- If you see a thin white film forming on the surface of the urine, it is the sign that you are pregnant.
Mustard Powder Test:
This test takes a different approach towards answering your questions about whether or not you are pregnant. Through this test you can find out whether your late period is a sign of pregnancy or it is simply an irregular month. This test requires some patience from your end as the results may take anywhere between two days to two weeks to be visible.
- Take two cups of mustard powder and add it to your hot bath water
- Soak in the bath well for at least 20 – 30 minutes followed by a warm shower.
- The hot soak with mustard powder and warm shower results in the heating up of your body and eases the way for your periods.
- If you get your periods within two or three days of this process, then you are obviously not pregnant.
- In case you still do not get your period after a week or two of the process then you are probably pregnant and it is time to book the appointment with your doctor
The Soap Test
This is yet another simple and one of the fastest home pregnancy tests that you can take to back up your doubts. However, you must always remember that this, like any of the other homemade pregnancy tests, is not a sure shot technique. It is best to get it verified by proper medical examination.
- Take any soap and add the first urine sample of the day to it
- In case you see some bubbles forming on the soap then this could be a sign in the positive direction
- In case there is no reaction, then you are in the clear
Bleaching Powder Test
As the name suggests, this test uses bleaching powder along with your urine sample to determine whether or not you are pregnant. This, like the soap test, is one of the easiest and fastest home pregnancy tests. It is widely used by women across the world.
- Take a clean and sterilized vessel to collect your urine (Remember to take the first sample from the day)
- Add some bleaching powder to the sample
- If you see your urine sample foaming and fizzing then there is a pretty high chance of you being pregnant
- To make sure, add some more bleaching powder
- If the additional bleaching powder does not result in fizzing and foaming of the urine, then you are probably not pregnant
The Toothpaste Test
Like the soap test and the bleaching powder test, this is another fast, easy, and widely used home pregnancy test. All you need is a sample of your urine (first one for the day) and some toothpaste!
You just have to look out closely for any change of color.
- Take a dab of white toothpaste and drops of your urine sample to it
- Now look closely whether the white toothpaste has become frothy or changing color to blue
- Both these signs indicate the arrival of your little bundle of joy!
- If there are no reactions, then there’s nothing going on inside you as well
Leaves of Dandelion Test
The Dandelion leaves test for pregnancy uses the ingredients from your garden and of course, your urine. Prepare for this test by plucking some dandelion leaves from your garden and use the sample of urine from your first visit to the toilet.
- Spread dandelion leaves over a sheet of paper and keep it in the place where there is no direct sunlight
- Pour the sample of your urine over these leaves from a vessel. Alternately you can also urinate directly over the leaves (Remember: Urine used should be from the first trip to the bathroom for the day)
- In case you find any of the above processes difficult you can put some dandelion leaves into a clean and sterilized vessel and mix it with your urine sample
- If reddish blisters appear on the leaves after about ten minutes, you are most definitely pregnant!
- In case there are no reactions, then tough luck
Vinegar and Tuna Juice Test
This homemade pregnancy test uses the easily available ingredients from your kitchen. All you need are vinegar and tuna juice to tell if you indeed have a little angel in your belly!
- Add ¼ cup of tuna juice and mix it with the same amount of vinegar
- Leave the mixture overnight at room temperature
- First thing next morning, add your urine to the mixture
- If the color changes to bright green, chances are that you are indeed pregnant
- If the solution tends to become yellow or orange, then you can count that as a negative
Pine Sol Test
Pine Sol is one of the most common cleansing agents and this homemade pregnancy test makes use of this everyday household item.
- Take a white vessel or transparent vessel and collect your urine in it first thing in the morning.
- Put some of your urine in another white or transparent vessel so that you can check color consistency
- Add some drops of pine sol to one of the vessels containing urine and wait for around ten minutes
- If you see some color changes in the solution, it is quite possible that you are pregnant
- If there is no change in color, chances are you are not pregnant this time
You can conduct an easy and quick home pregnancy with the help of some sugar from your kitchen and a sample of your urine.
While there is hCG hormone playing roles in your body during pregnancy, you can use it to your favor and do a quick pregnancy test.
- Take a spoonful of sugar in a clean and sterilized bowl and add some amount of first urine of the day
- Wait for about five minutes
- If you see the sugar is all dissolved in the urine, then chances are that you are not pregnant
- In case the sugar remains clumped, you can use this as an indication of possible pregnancy
Peroxide and Tylenol Test
A quick visit to the drugstore is all you need for this quick homemade pregnancy test.
- Add equal portions of Tylenol and Peroxide into a bowl and then put some drops of your urine from your first visit to the restroom in the day.
- If you can see some changes in the color of the solution, you are probably pregnant.
- No change in the color indicates negative on the pregnancy chance
Here is one more reliable way for you, the wine test. This test has been in use by women since ancient times to determine whether or not they are pregnant.
- Take half a cup each of wine and urine from the first time you use the restroom in the day
- Mix the two together well in a clean vessel
- Leave the mixture undisturbed for about 10 minutes
- If there is any change in the color of the solution then you have a confirmed case of pregnancy!
So now, you have complete knowledge about the various home remedy pregnancy tests that work. All these tests are tried and tested ones and hence you can depend on them without any doubt. However, it is also best to get a proper medical examination done along with any of the above homemade pregnancy tests to be absolutely certain.