Not only Greek yogurt tastes great but it is also a rich source of protein and probiotic content. No wonder, why it’s becoming a popular food among the kids. But whether it’s about the kids or us, who really wants to have the same food every single day? Thus, we have listed below 7 best Greek yogurt recipes for kids. Read below to find more:
7 Greek Yogurt Recipes Your Kids Will Love
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- One 5,3-ounce container of Greek yogurt-any flavor
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt and egg until blended.
- Add flour and baking soda. Continue to stir until the dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. You can use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into the pan.
- Spread each of the batter scoops into an even circle.
- Dot blueberries on top of the pancake.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then the other side for about 2 minutes.
Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh berries
- 1 teaspoon tandoori spice
- 1 cup fresh berries
- ½ cup all-natural granola
- Small sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup freeze-dried mango, pineapple, and berries
- 2 cups 2% plain Greek yogurt
- Toast spice on low in a small skillet
- Continue to stir for about 2 minutes
- Add honey after removing from heat and stir
- Divide yogurt in 4 bowls
- Drizzle with spiced honey
- Add granola and fruits.
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 4 high fiber, whole wheat tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 oz low-fat cheddar jack cheese
- ¼ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ cup salsa
- 10 oz chicken, shredded
- ½ cup fat-free refried beans, or black beans
- Heat skillet on medium heat.
- Lay one tortilla flat and sprinkle it with an ounce cheese.
- Then, top with 5 oz chicken, ½ of chopped bell pepper and onion mix, ¼ cup beans and a 1/8 cup salsa.
- Top it with another ounce of cheese and cover with a tortilla.
- Gently flip quesadilla after the bottom tortilla is brown and the lower layer of cheese has melted.
- Serve with salsa, plain Greek yogurt and rice.
Roasted Eggplant Salad with Saffron Yogurt Recipe
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 1 ¼ -pound eggplants, cut in an inch cube
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Take a large colander and toss the eggplant with salt.
- Allow to drain for 30 minutes
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toss the eggplant with the olive oil on a Silpat-or parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet. Broil in the top third of the oven, stirring thrice, until it is soft. set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine saffron and hot water in a small bowl and allow to steep.
- After the eggplant cools down, blend together the saffron, water and yogurt in a small food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- On a wide platter, arrange the eggplant in a single layer.
- Top with the yogurt sauce, basil leaves and pine nuts.
- Serve at room temperature.
Creamy Tomato Orzo Soup
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked orzo pasta
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-15 ounce can vegetable broth
- 3-15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bay leaves
- Add tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir in the brown sugar and fresh basil.
- Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- You can use an immersion blender to blend the soup after removing the bay leaves from the pot.
- Stir in Greek yogurt and orzo pasta.
Spicy Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt
- 12 ounce can solid white tuna
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- Chop onion and jalapeno into small chunks.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve on sandwich, lettuce etc.
Greek Yogurt Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 425
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, in a mixing bowl.
- Take a smaller brown and stir together the yogurt to the flour mixture. Stir gently until it all comes together and a soft dough form.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Pat, it lightly into a circle for about an inch thick.
- Take a biscuit cutter and cut rounds of the dough.
- Place them onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
These were some of the best recipes you can try for your little one. However, you are always free to add that extra shot in whatever you make.