Fresh Juice provides our body with a much needed balance by adding enough water content to it. Nutritional benefits multiply when the juice is made of a vegetable which is high on vitamins and minerals. One such is Bottle Gourd which is considered to be one of the healthiest vegetables and holds around 92% of water content which is why it keeps our body hydrated. This vegetable is a rich source of vitamin C, K, and calcium.
In this article:
11 Awesome Health Benefits of Bottle Gourd Juice
Helps in Weight Loss
It has high fiber and water content which makes it a perfect fit for managing excess weight. The juice keeps the stomach full for longer because of which one does not feel hungry. It has also been used as an Ayurvedic medicine to use flab. Essential vitamins like A, B, C, K, Iron, Potassium, Folate, etc help the body to retain energy for a longer duration.
Aid to Urinary Tract Issues
When mixed with lime juice, it helps cure many problems related to urinary health. Along with this, it aids constipation and diarrhea as high water content cleanses the digestive tract. This juice has been prescribed as ayurvedic medicine to treat many problems related to bowel movement.
Provides a Cooling Effect
It is best if taken during summers as it keeps the body hydrated and stomach cool. It works as a good supplement if taken before work out because of its water loss replenishing properties. According to Ayurveda, this juice is best for any heat-related disease like acne, nose bleed, etc.
Post Workout Drink
Natural sugars in the juice are ideal for restoring the glucose levels and replace carbohydrates loss because of exercising. It is best to enhance the structure of muscles and improve their efficiency. This protein-rich vegetable is good to retain the body’s energy and strength.
Relief from Stress and Anxiety
Promotes Heart Health
Bottle gourd juice is considered as a great alternative medicine to maintain the heart’s health. Its consumption of 90 days has shown proven evidence of decreased levels of bad and serum cholesterol levels, thereby increasing good cholesterol levels. Its regular consumption has also shown a decrease in blood pressure levels which allows for easy movement of blood through the walls of the heart. Thus, it is regarded as best for promoting the heart’s health.
A Great Aid for Diabetes
High fiber and water content in this vegetable help to control the blood sugar levels which makes it ideal for diabetic patients. Though there is no scientific evidence for this yet, its consumption causes no harm to those having blood sugar problems. One should consult the doctor before its consumption.
Helps in the Prevention of Cancer
It contains essential nutrients which are used in treating cancer which clearly states that it may as well help to prevent any sort of cancer. One study even supports the statement which has been agreed upon by doctors as well.
Keeps the Gut Healthy
The nutrients and vitamins help to treat constipation and many other stomach related problems. Such benefits are related to the high fiber and water content which improves the bowel movement. It also helps to cleanse the digestive tract.
Helps Control Hair Loss
Application of this juice may help to get stronger roots, thereby preventing hair loss. When mixed with sesame oil it has been evident to show good results. Vitamins present in it are found in many hair supplements and therefore, the juice has been proven to be beneficial.
Great for Skin
The juice has been found to be highly effective in lightening the dark spots and thus it evens out the skin tone. Its nutrients also help to make skin soft while making it glowing and flawless.
Its calorie content is given below:
100 grams of the juice account for- 3.39 grams of carbohydrates, 0.02 grams of total fat, 16 IU of vitamin A, 10.1 mg of vitamin C, 2 mg of Sodium, 150 mg of Potassium, 26 mg of Calcium, 0.034 mg of Copper, 11 mg of Magnesium, 13 mg of Phosphorus, 0.70 mg of Zinc, 0.2 mg of Selenium, etc.
Bottle Gourd Juice Recipe
- Cut the freshly peeled bottle gourd juice in cubes.
- Blend it with ginger and mint plus coriander leaves added.
- Then add lemon drops to the blended mixture.
- Add black pepper and black or sea salt to it.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water to the mixture and blend it well into a smooth paste.
- Strain the juice and garnish it with mint leaves.
Side Effects of Bottle Gourd Juice
- Several cases have reported deaths due to regular consumption as it leads to upper gastrointestinal bleeding and heavy vomiting.
- Bitter, raw and uncooked bottle juice should be avoided as it has serious effects on health because of uncooked and pre-formation consumption. It can lead to severe intestine disorders.
- Too much dietary fiber is bad for stomach as excess of it may cause abdominal pain, malabsorption, several intestinal problems AMD much more.
- Bottle Gourd may also make some people show several allergic tendencies like skin rashes, redness, itchiness, nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, etc.
- Too many antioxidants are also bad for health as they can sometimes target cancer cells and may increase the signs of heart stroke. Oxidative damage to the cells may also increase.
- Having the juice in excess may also raise the risk of hypotension as this juice blood pressure sometimes drop to a very low level due to its consumption which is dangerous.
Facts about Bottle Gourd Juice
- The juice should be consumed fresh and not after a few hours of preparation. It starts loosing it nutritional benefits few minutes after the preparation and therefore, should be served immediately.
- Raw bottle gourd juice should never be consumed as it can cause severe stomach ache and lead to abdominal issues.
- Bottle Gourd should be tasted before being cooked or converted into juice as the taste marks a very important factor in measuring its health benefits. Bitter taste indicates that excess chemicals have been used.
- It is highly beneficial for treating many mental disorders like stress, anxiety, depression, etc.
Vegetables have many benefits if consumed with water base added which is in the form of Juice. Such vegetable juices have many benefits since the ancient times and are best if used as traditional medicines.