Live microorganisms which provide benefit when consumed are called probiotics. When the number of bad bacteria in your gut increase and there is not much good bacteria to fight those off, it causes an imbalance. Probiotics help in restoring the natural balance of gut bacteria and hence keep you healthy and fit. They are known to boost your immune system and protect against various infections. They can be found in fermented food and supplements. But you can make some probiotic drinks at home as well to reap the benefits of probiotics.
Is Drinking Probiotic Drinks Good For You?
Apart from maintaining gut health, probiotics also keep your other organs healthy. Drinking probiotic drinks regularly may provide you with multiple health benefits such as improved digestive health, fix issues like diarhea and constipation. They also help in achieving glowing and healthy skin, they treat vaginal infection and improve fertility as well.
If you’re someone who gets sick often, then including probiotic drinks in your diet may help you with boosting your immune system by enriching and replenishing the good bacteria in your body. When you take probiotics regularly, they provide your body with vitamins and enzymes that keep your intestines happy and problem free.
What Drinks Have A Lot Of Probiotic?
There’s a reason why probiotic drinks have created a buzz among health fanatics- they are energy boosting and detoxifying. Probiotic drinks have become important as they strengthen the immunity and maintain a healthy gut. All of this contributes towards making your body strong and able to fight off certain disease causing bacteria. Some popular drinks which have a lot of probiotic boost are:-
- Kefir, also known as cultured milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- Ginger Ale
- Fermented Vegetable Juice
- Yoghurt drinks
7 Effective & Easy Recipe for Homemade Probiotic Drinks
- Take 2 stalks of celery and 1 handful of parsley and 1 handful spinach. Some kale leaves and one probiotic capsule.
- Take a mixer and juice all the ingredients together except for the probiotic capsule.
- Empty the contents of the juice and open the probiotic capsule, empty the contents of the capsule into the juice; Stir and enjoy your probiotic drink.
- Take one cup curd and 1 glass of water, 1 tsp cumin powder and one green chili if you like the taste.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and give it a whirl.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour, serve cold.
Fermented Orange Juice
- Take two and half cups orange juice, 1/2 tsp water kefir grains or 2 tsp whey. And filtered water.
- Add a pinch of salt to the orange juice and add the culture starter or whey into a glass jar.
- Fill the jar with just 1 cup of room temperature water and cover the lid of the jar. Give it a quick shake and leave it at room temperature for 48 hours.
- Later, refrigerate it for a few hours and enjoy your drink.
Pineapple Probiotic Drink
- Take 500ml of water, boil it and pour into a glass jar with brown sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- After this, pour 1 litre of cold water and allow it to cool.
- Wash and cut the pineapple into medium sized pieces and add it to the cooled sweet liquid. To combine all ingredients, stir it and cover the kid with a towel or muslin.
- Leave the liquid for 48 hours on room temperature; later strain the liquid and transfer it to airtight bottles.
- In order to build the natural carbonation keep the bottles at room temperature for 48 hours. Refrigerate and later serve with ice.
- The rubbery and buttery looking kefir grains are a starter to make fermented drinks, they are high in probiotics and nutrients.
- Take a glass of milk and few kefir grains. Add them together and let it sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
- After 24 hrs, the milk will thicken and ferment. Now you can strain the mix and drink it.
Apple cider vinegar
- Take two tbsp apple cider vinegar and 2 tpsn apple juice. Take 1 glass of cold water and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Take all the ingredients and combine them together in a cup; stir or shake to mix all ingredients together.
- Use raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar and serve chilled over Ice.
- Take 400grams of organic ginger or 2 grated cups of ginger.
- Take about 2 cups of brown sugar or jaggery and two cloves.
- Keep 8 to 10 lemons, 2 cinnamon sticks and 3 litres filtered water aside.
- Add the water to a vessel and add the grated ginger, spices and jaggery to it, let it boil. Once boiled summer it for 15 minutes. Let it cool for 5 to 6 hours.
- Strain it and add lemon juice and one cup of strained ginger bug solution and mix it all well. All the mixture to ferment for 2 days by storing it in air tight glass bottles. While doing so ensure that there is a three inch gap in the bottle.
- The carbonation process starts during fermentation, so it becomes important to burp the bottles once in every 8 to 10 hours.
- The process of fermentation gets completed in about two days, after this the probiotic drink becomes ready for consumption.
- It can be stored in the fridge for about two months and you can dilute the ginger ale with ice water and have it.
When consumed in limited quantities, any probiotic drink will reap you all sorts of benefits. But do not overdo it as too much of anything doesn’t always does good. It can cause mild discomfort, gas and bloating when taken in large quantity.