This is a combo of cereal and pulse which satisfy the energy requirements of your growing baby without being heavy on her tiny tummy. You can prepare this simple dish after you begin weaning foods for your baby. This preparation will give her ample supply of carbohydrates and satisfies her protein requirements as well.
Mixed Lentil and Rice Recipe Preparation Time:
10 minutes Cooking Time:
15 minutes Makes:
1 Cup [caption id="attachment_1783" align="alignright" width="349"]
Rice and Lentil Mix for Babies[/caption] Ingredients
- 2-3 tablespoons of split green gram or mung bean lentil
- 4-5 tablespoons of rice
- A very small pinch of pepper powder and 1-2 drops of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of butter or clarified butter, whichever may be available
- Step 1: Rinse and soak green gram and rice
- Step 2: Add ¾ glass of water to the lentil and rice and pressure cook it until 3 whistles
- Step 3: Now take out the cooked rice and lentil, add pepper powder and butter and mix it thoroughly.
- Step 4: Now mash this mixture until it has a smooth consistency.
- Step 5: When it is lukewarm, add the lemon juice and serve it.
You can also add finely chopped vegetables like carrot, potato, beets, cabbage or broccoli to the rice and lentil before cooking. This will make for a wholesome and healthy meal for your baby. You can serve this preparation for a baby between the ages 7-8 months of age or to a baby who has started weaning.