Healthy and lustrous hair has always been a dream for many people and so they apply a multitude of hair products to keep their hair gorgeous and shiny. But these products are loaded with many chemicals that produce severe side effects such as hair fall, dandruff, and breaking of hair from the middle. Well, the answer to such problems is simple and effective, aloe vera. If you ask your grandmother or mother for advice on hair care, they will enlist countless benefits of aloe vera. It may sound vague but aloe vera is the solution we have been searching for. No need to waste money on extravagant hair care treatments and products, instead try natural.
In this article:
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Hair
Aloe vera has a surplus of benefits such as:
- Aloe vera is an awesome remedy for hair fall. It improves blood circulation and conditions hair naturally. Thus, a healthy scalp leads to a less hair fall. Less hair fall tends to reduce hair thinning and increases hair volume.
- Only a person suffering from dandruff knows what a nuisance it can create. Flakes of scalp falling on clothes is an irritable experience. Due to its anti-fungal properties, aloe vera helps to remove dandruff from the hair.
- The proteolytic enzymes in aloe vera repair the damaged scalp cells. The nourishment of hair follicles by these enzymes is an essential step for the growth of hair. These enzymes also stimulate dormant hair follicles and help in regrowing hair.
- Due to increasing pollution levels, it is necessary to keep the hair safe from harmful environmental issues. Applying aloe vera cocoons the hair from the harsh environment and hydrates it.
- Aloe vera contains proteins and vitamins such as vitamins A, C, and E that render hair smooth and shiny. Aloe vera also contains collagen, which repairs the sun damage.
- Oily hair contains extra sebum oil secreted from the scalp. Aloe vera helps to remove the extra oil and the hair left by applying various hair products.
7 Best Tips on Using Aloe Vera Juice for Shiny Hair
Aloe vera juice is the key to healthy and shiny hair. Whether you buy it from the store or prepare it at home, it is equally beneficial. Here are seven ways enlisted to use aloe vera juice for shiny, smooth hair:
Apply the Aloe Vera Juice from the Plant
Cut a leaf from the aloe vera plant. Wash the leaf thoroughly with water. There should not be any yellowish gel on the leaf. Use only a clear leaf. Remove the sides of the aloe vera plant using a knife carefully. Slice the upper layer of the leaf and scoop out the gel from the leaf using a spoon. Collect the gel in a bowl and directly apply it on hair. Leave for 10 minutes on hair and wash thoroughly to remove the gel completely.
Aloe Vera and Almond Oil
Obtain an aloe vera leaf from the plant and chop it. Mix the chopped aloe vera and almond oil. Apply the final paste to the hair and cover the hair with a suitable hair cap. Rinse your hair after 20 minutes with warm water to wash the mask.
Aloe Vera and Yoghurt
Mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mask from the roots till the end of the hair and massage your scalp for 10-15 minutes. Wash your hair after 30 minutes. Apply a mild shampoo afterward.
Aloe Vera and Hibiscus
Mix 1 cup aloe vera gel and 2 tablespoons of hibiscus flower paste. Apply it on the head and the hair ends. Wash after some time thoroughly with water.
Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil
Combine 1 cup aloe vera gel and 2 teaspoons rose water. Add a few drops of tea tree oil. Apply on the hair strands and the scalp. Wash after 30 minutes with water.
Aloe Vera and Shea Butter
Melt ½ cup shea butter in a boiler and keep it aside to cool. Add 2 tbsp aloe vera, 1 tbsp apricot oil, 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, 5 drops of lavender essential oil and ½ tsp vitamin E oil and mix well. Apply 2-3 tbsp of the prepared blend and massage thoroughly. Wash after 30 minutes with shampoo and cool water.
Aloe Vera and Vitamin E
Mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of vitamin E oil and 2 tbsp of almond oil. Massage the mixture obtained on to the scalp. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse. Wash the hair with a shampoo and a conditioner.
The time for which aloe vera juice must be left on hair differs according to the mask we apply. It should not be kept for prolonged periods. Though aloe vera juice is a good remedy an excess of anything is always bad. On average, it can be applied 3-4 times a day. But for people sensitive to aloe vera extra precaution is needed. Avoid applying aloe vera juice daily on hair as it can cause more harm than good.
For people suffering from suppressed and dormant hair follicles, aloe vera is an effective remedy to regrow hair.
The most important key to having shiny hair is patience and trying the above-mentioned ways on a regular basis. Rather than trusting artificial hair treatments, aloe vera is proved to be a very good alternative. Aloe vera juice gives us the nourishment of nature itself and risks of hair problems such as hair fall and shredding of hair minimizes to a great limit. Avoid exorbitant methods. Just grow the plant in your garden and reap its benefits.