Here are some of the must have things during pregnancy. They include pregnancy pillow, maternity support belt, prenatal supplements, maternity bras, stretch pants, 12-in-1 maternity dress, safe cleaning products, etc and much more.
With so many pregnancy products available, how do you know which ones are actually necessary? When you are expecting, there are a lot of essentials that you need to have. Many times, it is not the big stuff you need, but rather the little things that make your life easier and more comfortable. Nausea, swollen feet and constant cravings follow as your belly grows bigger. There are certain products or things that are a must-have but you need to be careful about what you buy as they should do what they promise and be worth the money you spend.
21 Pregnancy Essentials You Will Be Thankful For
Here is a list of 21 must-have pregnancy products that will make your life easier and better while you wait for your little bundle-of-joy to arrive:
- Pregnancy pillow: How can you not have this on top of your must-have list? With daily aches and pains, being comfortable and getting a good night’s sleep can be troublesome. This is why a full-body pregnancy pillow is an essential! It will provide support to your belly, hips, back and knees, no matter which way you turn. With a pregnancy pillow to keep you snug and comfy, pregnancy aches and pains will no longer bother you and you can have relaxing, restful sleep any time!
- Maternity support belt: Another product that gives you relief from the aches and pains that come with pregnancy is the maternity support belt. The physical difficulties you face each day will be a distant memory when you have this belt to support and cradle your growing tummy. Apart from preventing pain in your pelvic area and lower back, it also keeps away conditions like sciatica and SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) which is an often painful condition that is caused by pregnancy hormones. You will find good quality pregnancy support belts made of durable and comfortable materials to keep you pain-free during your pregnancy.
- Prenatal supplements: Without a question, this is an essential that every mom-to-be needs. You can make sure that you and your little one get all the nutrients that you need. You can talk to your healthcare provider to decide which one is best for you. During your pregnancy, vitamin supplements are a must but some women complain that the large pills can be hard to take in. Experts say that you can also get a daily dose of essential nutrients with a diet that is rich in folic acid. If your doctor gives you the go ahead, go for natural supplements that will not cause constipation.
- Maternity bras: With your breasts growing during pregnancy, you need to make sure that you take good care of them. The best thing that you can do is to always make sure that you wear a supportive bra. Yes, even when they feel painful and sore! Maternity bras also prevent post-pregnancy sagging. For the early stages of your pregnancy, experts recommend supportive maternity bras and comfy sleeping bras designed especially for pregnant women to wear at night. You should also buy a couple of nursing bras if you are planning to breastfeed. These will definitely come in handy during your last trimester when your cup-size is likely to go up a size or two.
- Comfy stretch pants: Being comfortable is important right from the first trimester of your pregnancy. One of the best ways to make sure that you always are is to buy a couple of stretchable pants that you can wear from the early stage of your pregnancy to the last trimester. The regular sweatpants that you have might get a little too tight. So if you do not already own a pair or two, get yourself some. You do not have to worry about not being stylish with maternity pants as many brands nowadays design stylish clothes for women who are expecting so that they can look fab even with a bulging belly!
- Pregnancy oils and lotions: One of the things that pregnant women worry about the most is stretch marks. With your growing and stretching skin, it is important to make sure that you keep it well-lubricated at all times. It will help in keeping that unbearable irritation away. You will find many anti-stretch mark products on the market, but sadly, many of them are not as effective as they are advertised to be. This is why experts say that you should look for a specialist product to prevent ugly stretch marks. Even if you cannot really prevent them, it is nice to have a lotion or oil that keeps your skin moisturized and itch-free.
- Remedies for morning sickness: Pregnant women experience morning sickness at varying levels of intensity. For some, it is not something that bothers them too much while for others, it debilitates them completely. However, some kind of relief from morning sickness is required by pregnant women during the first trimester. If you suffer from extreme nausea, you can use the wrist bands made to stop sea sickness. The pressure when you wear them may cause some discomfort as first, but they do help a lot. You could also use natural remedies like teas, ginger, etc. to gain relief from morning sickness.
- Comfy shoes: Many women suffer from swollen feet during their pregnancy. If you are one of them, the shoes that you already own may not be comfortable enough. You should definitely buy a pair or two of comfortable shoes to wear while you are pregnant. It is important to invest in a pair of high-quality comfy shoes. They may be a little more expensive than you like, but they are worth it because you know that nothing beats being comfortable, especially when you are walking around with a huge belly!
- 12-in-1 maternity dress: Life does not stop when you are pregnant. You still go out on errands or socialize with friends. And you always want to look your best when you step out, pregnant or not. A 12-in-1 maternity dress is a great one to have as you can get different looks for different occasions. Why spend a whole lot of money on new dresses that you will not be able to wear after your little one is born? These dresses are made of pregnancy-friendly fabric and designed to make sure that you are always comfortable and relaxed no matter where you are.
- Safe cosmetics: When you are pregnant, you need to be careful about what you apply on your skin. It is as important as watching what you eat and put inside your body. You need to make sure that the beauty products you use are safe. There are many products that have ingredients that can be harmful to a developing fetus. Do a little research about the ingredients in cosmetics that you should avoid. Nowadays, it is easy to find safe beauty products for pregnant women, from face creams to nail polish.
- Safe cleaning products: When you are expecting, you need to be careful about the products that you use to clean your home. As you know, many cleaning products contain toxic substances. Inhaling them can cause harm not only to you, but to the precious bundle you are carrying as well. You will find a wide range of natural and safe cleaning products on the market nowadays. You should start using them if you have not already, not only during your pregnancy but after too. They will help in making your home a clean and safe environment for your family.
- Books on childbirth: Reading is a great way to relax especially during pregnancy. There is nothing quite like curling up in bed with a good book. Since you are reading, why not read a good book on childbirth? It will give you all the information you need to prepare you for D-day and help relieve some of that anxiety you feel as your due date closes in. Childbirth books are also of great help in making you feel confident about the future instead of scared. You can also read memoirs and blogs online that are informative, yet touching and sometimes funny.
- Pregnancy jeans: Every pregnant woman needs to have a pair or two of good quality, comfortable maternity jeans. Your pregnancy should not prevent you from wearing your favorite wardrobe essential. The great news is that many brands make stylish and comfy jeans for the woman whose belly is always growing. You can look laid-back and pretty while you are out doing stuff that you need to do or just hanging out with friends.
- Water bottle: If you do not drink plenty of water every day, this is the time to start. Your body needs a lot of hydration during this time, so keep one or two good quality water bottles to take with you wherever you go. Instead of sending loads of plastic bottles to the recycling or landfills, you can do your bit for the environment by keeping a handy water bottle with you so that you can keep filling it up and take sips whenever you need to throughout the day.
- Heartburn remedies: One of the most annoying things that come with pregnancy is heartburn. So it is important that you have a remedy on hand at all times. Luckily, there are plenty of great remedies on the market that are safe and taste amazing! Whenever you start to feel heartburn starting up, pop one of them in your mouth and get instant relief.
- Eye mask: You feel exhausted all the time when you are pregnant, especially during your first trimester. You are also more sensitive to light, pressure and heat; and you are more often than not uncomfortable. This is why investing in a good eye mask is a great idea. You need plenty of rest and since sleep does not come easily while you are pregnant, an eye mask can help out a lot. You can snuggle up to your body pillow and shut the light out with it and get a restful sleep whenever you need to.
- Healthy snacks: When you are pregnant, you constantly want to munch on something. It is important to make sure that the snacks you eat are healthy and nutritious. Excess fat, sugar and salt are not good for your health at any time, but during your pregnancy, your body is especially sensitive. You should prevent pregnancy-induced gestational diabetes, toxemia, hypertension, etc. Needless to say, you need to keep processed foods away. Go for low-fat yogurt and peanut butter, unsalted toasted nuts, light cream cheese, low-sodium popcorn, etc. You should also have fresh veggie sticks, banana smoothies and fresh fruit juice to satiate your cravings and give you the nutrients that your body needs.
- Prenatal fitness class/yoga: During pregnancy, it is important that you get adequate exercise to relieve stress, keep you in shape and prepare you for the birth of your little one. You can take both fitness and yoga classes to help you. Getting out of the house and working out with other mums-to-be can do you a lot of good. You can also get DVDs for prenatal fitness and yoga if you want to workout at home.
- Good quality and healthy takeout: When you are pregnant, there will be many times when you are too nauseous or too exhausted to cook. It is a good idea to have the number to a takeout service that provides high-quality, delicious and healthy food. You definitely do not want to get unhealthy processed foods like burgers, etc. whenever you have a craving or do not feel like cooking a meal.
- Maternity tank tops: You definitely need a few maternity tank tops during your pregnancy. They come with built-in shelf bras to give you support where you need it the most. You can wear them all the time with anything from your favorite hoodie to suit jackets. They are comfortable and a fantastic way to wear your favorite clothes, even when they do not fit around your belly anymore. There are some great brands on the market that have quality tank tops for pregnant women that be worn even after childbirth as the stretch right back into shape.
- Massaging water bottle: Aches in your back area as well as other parts of your body are a normal occurrence when you are pregnant. You cannot always run to a spa or chiropractor every time your body starts to ache. The great news is that there are massaging water bottles on the market that are an effective way to relieve aches and pains. You can put it on the affected area and gain the benefits that a combination of a light massage and heat that is gentle and soothing provides. Say goodbye to backaches and other pain.
When you have these essentials, you can make sure that every stage of your pregnancy is comfortable and stress-free. This is a time when you should be enjoying the experience of carrying a little bundle inside you and looking forward to his or her coming. With these pregnancy must-haves, you can do just that and be comfy and happy throughout your pregnancy!