Gut is an integral part of your digestive system. A good gut equals to good health, In order to promote gut health you can take help of probiotics in your day to day life. They are the live microorganisms which when consumed, provide you with health benefits by improving the gut health or generally restoring gut flora.
Probiotics are safe to consume and are made up of good bacteria that keeps your body working well and healthy. They fight off bad bacteria in your body when you have too much of it and hence make you feel better. Probiotics are found in many fermented foods, dietary supplements and yoghurt. In order to maintain a healthy body micro biome you can include the intake of probiotics in your diet.
What Foods Are Good Probiotics?
If you’re looking for a little gut reset, then consuming probiotic food is an excellent way to promote the overall gut health. The bacteria present in probiotic foods are healthy bacteria and they keep harmful bacteria in check. This helps your body to maintain a healthy balance and improvise your gut health and also reduce inflammation. Following foods are good probiotic options:–
- Greek yoghurt
- Cottage cheese
- Pickled onions
- Celery juice
Are Probiotic Salads Good For Health?
Salads are often considered a healthy meal option and probiotics quadruple the healthy benefits of a salad. When you consume foods which contain probiotics such as lettuce, spinach, onion, tomatoes, asparagus, apples they will feed the micro-biome in your gut and those microbes will grow and multiply and build a strong army of healthy bacteria in your body that fights pathogens and destroys viruses. All while boosting your immune system so you stay healthy and strong.
7 Easy Recipes For Homemade Probiotic Salad
Probiotic Cabbage Salad
- Take a cabbage and shred it into fine pieces take some pink salt, add it and mix well. Do it in a mixing bowl and keep the shredded cabbage aside.
- Take some pumpkin seeds and add them to a grinder jar. Apart from this add coriander leaves, black pepper, parsley, honey and apple cider vinegar and grind it well.
- Add a little water In order to make a fine paste. Add the cabbage into the bowl, mix well and serve.
Probiotic Nicoise Salad
- Boil some potatoes and eggs and after 10 minutes add the potatoes in apple cider vinegar. Add salt to taste and cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Peel the boiled eggs and slice them and mix the salad dressing ingredients like tuna, green beans, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, and potatoes and mix them well together.
Probiotic Kale Salad
- Take a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and massage the kale to make it tender. In this way you can cook the kale without actually cooking it as this method takes the hard kale towards a soft texture.
- Take ingredients like fresh figs, red cabbage, Swiss chard, walnuts, fresh mint and lemon zest and whisk them together to the dressing of water, salt, pepper, cumin and a little bit of chilli powder in your salad. Serve it and eat.
Probiotic Potato Salad
- Boil the potatoes and cook them for about 10 minutes until they become fork tender. After draining the potatoes you can set them aside to cool down.
- Make a salad dressing of olive oil, salt, cumin and chop the potatoes into little pieces and toss them into salad dressing.
- Take some fermented vegetables and spring onions, toss them to the mix. You can add salt and salad according to taste and store the salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
Probiotic Chicken Salad
- Take some celery and dill springs and dice it according to your preference.
- Add all ingredients like basil, rosemary, lemon juice, celery, almonds and mayonnaise to bowl and mix well.
- Break up chunks of chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. You can store the salad in refrigerator in a airtight container for upto a week.
Probiotic Egg Salad
- Make this salad with hard-boiled eggs . Start by peeling and dicing them in a medium mixing bowl.
- Make a separate mixture of mustard, cultured cream, olive oil, and vinegar in a small bowl, separate from the eggs.
- Whisk all the ingredients and add diced onion to the diced egg and gently fold in. Serve the salad by seasoning it with salt and pepper to taste.
Probiotic Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli salad is an easy and effective probiotic recipe you can make in no time. First of all, whisk some vinegar oil, honey, garlic, yoghurt and pepper in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Peel and trim the broccoli stalk and thinly slice it into two halves. To make it tasty and nutritious add sliced cabbage, red onion, scallions, raisins, and sauerkraut in a large bowl.
- Now, add the yoghurt dressing and toss it until it is evenly coated. Leave it to stand for 10 minutes prior serving.
Probiotic salads will promote a healthy balance of gut bacteria. Apart from promoting gut health, having probiotics in your regular diet have been linked to a wide range of health benefit like weight loss, immune function and more.
Although in some rare cases they may trigger allergic reactions, bloating, flatulence and may also cause mild stomach upset, diarrhoea, for the first few days after you start to include them in your diet. There is a risk of infection in some people, those who take probiotic supplements but these salads may not cause any harm. You can also try various probiotic salad recipes and have them daily with your meals, or separately. It works well for a brunch meal idea as well.