Pregnancy is one of the most crucial, important and sensitive stages of a women’s life. In this stage, it is advised to be careful always. One has to be careful and thoughtful about the diet, the nutrients and the medicines that are taken at this stage. A woman’s body is quite fragile and vulnerable while pregnant, thus she needs to be careful with every nutrient she consumes. It is important that you are sure before consuming anything while you are pregnant because your pregnancy diet is important for the baby! Almond is one of the most beneficial dry fruit, but is it safe for consumption while you are pregnant? Let’s see. Almonds milk during pregnancy: is it safe?
In this article:
Is It Safe to Consume Almond Milk During Pregnancy?
Almond milk is full of proteins, nutrients and many other ingredients that can be really beneficial for a pregnant women’s body. It is a great way to keep one’s body full of energy and it helps in keeping the stomach full. Here are 7 benefits of almond milk:
Almond Milk has Antioxidants that Keep the Body Healthy
Almond milk has vitamin E which is very beneficial for the body. It can act as a supplement for the body. Vitamin E helps in supporting the immune system and it has antioxidant properties that help the body deal with the wear and tear that happens while one is pregnant.
Almond Milk Helps to Keep the Heart-Healthy
Almond milk has Omega-3 fatty acids, this helps in keeping the heart-healthy. This can be supported by the fact that omega-3 fatty acids help in lowering down the blood pressure and help the arteries and veins to function freely. The omega-3 fatty acids present in almond milk, Almond milk can help in preventing heart diseases and managing the heart in such a way that it becomes immune to diseases. Thus, it keeps the heart healthy and helps to smoothen its functioning.
Almond Milk Helps in Keeping the Bones Strong
Almond milk helps in keeping the bones healthy. This is because almond milk has calcium which keeps the bones strong. The body gets calcium from almond milk and then supplies it to the bones. Thus, bones become healthy and strong. The strength of the bones in a pregnant women’s body helps her to be strong, get ready for future challenges, responsibilities and handle the pressure with more energy.
Almond Milk Helps the Body to Fight Acne
Vitamin E present in almond milk is soluble in fat. Thus it can go deep in the skin and the lipids. It helps in fast healing of the acne and the pigmentation that is caused due to acne. The vitamin E present in almond milk helps in stopping the production of collagen and elastin on the surface of the skin. Acne can be caused by an increase in the levels of androgen, vitamin e controls collagen and androgen levels in the skin surface thus ultimately controlling acne as well. The vitamin E present in almond milk helps the body to reduce acne.
Almond Milk Helps in Keeping the Skin Healthy
Vitamin E in Almond milk can do wonders for the skin. It also helps in reducing pigmentation and helps in keeping the skin healthy. Almond milk acts as a beauty agent for pregnant women, making her skin radiant. Vitamin E helps to close the cracks in the skin, the cracks can be a result of inflammation or the use of acids or makeup products. It closes the cracks and helps the skin cells in holding together and increases the moisture content because the cracks are closed so the moisture is stored. Vitamin E helps in keeping the skin hydrated and firm. Thus the vitamin E present in Almond milk can help pregnant women look radiant and beautiful or it can be said it can act as a beauty agent.
Almond Milk can be Really Beneficial Because of its Nutrients
Almond oil has a lot of vitamins and minerals in it. It can act as a great supplement in the diet of pregnant women. If compared with cow milk, almond milk is quite beneficial. This can be supported by the fact that almond milk has Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin B12, and Calcium. Thus, if a pregnant woman is consuming almond milk she is consuming all these vitamins and minerals as well which can help in keeping her body immune to many diseases and stay healthy.
Almond Milk Helps in Preventing and Regulating Gestational Diabetes
Almond milk helps in regulating gestational diabetes as almond milk has an appropriate amount of ‘good’ sugar which will not lead to any additions in the sugar level of the body. This quality of almond milk can help in preventing and regulating gestational diabetes and diabetes in general. Almond oil milk also helps the body in preventing the increase in sugar levels. There is no additional; sugar in almond milk thus, it’s intake will not affect the body sugar level and not lead to diseases like diabetes.
Side Effects of Almond Milk
Almond milk a great source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for pregnant women but it can be harmful to some as well. Before consuming and adding almond milk to your diet it is advised that you should consult a doctor and check if almond milk will suit you or not. Here are side effects of almond milk:
- Almond milk has low-fat concentration thus, it is not sufficient to only consume almond milk. It has low soluble fact and fewer calories which can also lead to weakness if almond milk is not accompanied by any other food item.
- Goitrogen present in almond milk can lead to worsening the thyroid condition in your body. The goitrogen present in almond milk suppresses the functioning of the thyroid gland. If you are a thyroid dysfunction or thyroids patient it is strictly advised to avoid consuming almond milk.
- If someone has an allergy to nuts and almonds then consuming almond milk might not be a great idea. Consuming almond milk while you are allergic to almonds and nuts can lead to worsening the situation of your body, causing your body more harm and lead to harmful and dangerous allergic reactions which can be scary if you are pregnant.
- People who are allergic to milk and have lactose intolerance should not take the risk of consuming almond milk. Lactose intolerance is a result of the lack of lactase enzymes in the body. Thus the body is not able to bear even small quantities of lactose leading to its intolerance. This is because almond milk has lactose which can have allergic reactions in the body of the woman who is allergic to lactose and milk.
- Almonds are rich in fiber and thus if your body is not used to digesting and breaking down high fiber like almonds than it can certainly lead to constipation.
- Almond milk can be a great supplement for pregnant women but, the vitamin E present in it can also lead to many problems if there is an overdose. Vitamin overdose can lead to diarrhea, blurred vision and headaches.