Christmas is on day after tomorrow and New year is just couple of days away. It must be really a fun filled time when all the family members including cousins visiting for Christmas and New year celebrate the joy of Christmas.
Christmas and New Year can be the best times when kids start to prepare crafts by themselves and most of them just love to spend good amount of time preparing those crafts to perfection. With little encouragement from parents, kids will be able to prepare the best looking crafts to say goodbye to the old year and welcome the New Year.
Let your kids try creative crafts to welcome this new year.
Here are some ideas for New year eve party decoration craft ideas for your kids
11 New Year’s Eve Party Decoration Craft Ideas for Kids
1. Plastic Plate Clock for New Year: Here is a simple craft that your kids can make very easily at home with the simplest of simple items available. Take some use and throw plastic plates, make numbering on the plate just like that on a clock. At the center, make a small hole. Cut out two dials (one minutes dial and one hours dial) from a cardboard sheet and put them on the plate using a pin, so that it dials move seamlessly just like in a real clock. Take the help of an adult while making this craft.
2. New year Banner: Make a simple New Year Welcome Banner with few paper cut outs. Make the letters H A P P Y N E W Y E A R, each letter on the each piece of paper and then attach them in a sequence with the help of a string and hang it anywhere you like.
Source: iCraft Gifts.com
3. New Year Noisemakers: Most noisemakers that you can find would be those horn-like noisemakers. Here is an easy way to make your own noisemaker. All you need are a handful of dry beans, two use and throw plastic plates or food packaging boxes. Make a small hole into the food packaging box and insert a stick inside. Make sure that you glue the stick from the inside. Now fill the box with the dry beans. Close the lid of the box, glue it tightly and for an extra cover you can stick some broad tape along the borders to seal the box and its contents tightly inside. You can decorate the exterior of the box saying “HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014” in different colors. Go ahead and make some noise!
Source: Go Graham Go.com
Source: Go Graham Go.com
4. New Year DIY Hats: Another way to welcome the New Year is by making paper cone hats. These can be easily prepared using a thick paper. If you know, how to prepare a cone, then half of your work is done. You can make the hat attractive by gluing glitter and stars on it.
Source: Sweet Little Peanut.com
5. Crazy Photo Props: Here is a different and crazy craft idea for the coming new year. Make a crazy photo prop of famous personalities. In this case, you could use famous personalities’ signature hairstyles or mustache and beards. Some examples could be the beard and the hat of Abe Lincoln, the hairstyle of Elvis Presley, the mustache of Hitler, etc.
Source: Red Ted Art.com
6. Another noisemaker for the New Year: All you need are cardboard or craft paper, glue, ice cream stick, twine, beads and buttons. Cut the craft paper into two circles. Take one circle and glue the ice cream stick on the inside. Now, glue the other circle to the original circle, closing the ice cream stick. Make holes around the circle and make knots of the twine on each of the holes. On the other end of the twine, tie the buttons or beads and your noisemaker is ready.
Source: Martha Stewart.com
7. Make Your Goals for the New Year: Another interesting way to encourage your kids to make plans for the coming year is to prepare Goal Buddies. Ask your kids to write down what they want to do in the year and write them down on crafts which can be decorated in their rooms. They can also act as a reminder.
Source: The Terp Blog.com
8. New Year Clock Hats: This is another way to welcome the New Year. All you need to do are to make cone hats with cardboard. Paste a circle with numbers and 2 dials resembling a clock. You can use either glitter or gift wrap for this.
Source: Reading Confetti.com
9. Party Pom Pom Poppers: Want to make an exciting entry into your New Year party in your neighborhood? Here’s a simple way to do it. Take few plastic disposable cups, take some balloons and few pieces of chalk. Now cut the bottom of the cups to make them hollow. Also cut the bottom of the balloons with mouth piece sparing at least 3 inches of spaces. Put a knot on the mouth piece. Now, place the other end of the balloon on the cup and place rubber bands on top of the cup tightly where the balloon is placed. Make sure that the balloon doesn’t come off. Also make sure that you don’t shoot pebbles or pieces of rubble that can hurt anyone. Always use only small pieces of chalk or pieces of cotton that hurt no one.
Source: Mom It Forward.com
10. Homemade Gift Box: Here is another interesting way to make your kids take up crafts for this new year. If you’re planning to give away gifts for this Christmas and new year to visiting cousins, then you could encourage your kids to make a gift boxes in which you can put in your gifts. All you’d need are boxes of different sizes, depending upon the size of the gift, glitter paper or gift wrap sheets, a handle made by wire, and some tags. You could write custom messages on the tags such as Seasons Greeting & Happy New Year, Hope Your Holidays Sparkle, Hope Your Holidays Are Joyful, etc.
Source: Bloom Designs Online.com
11. Popping Balloons: This is another simple way to remind them about the arrival of New Year on New Year’s Eve every hour. All you need to do is to fill the balloons and write times on each of them starting from 6:00 PM to 12:00 PM and pop those balloons accordingly at the time. Let your kids watch TV and pop each balloon unsuspectingly and that would be a surprise for everybody.
Source: Life With Moore Babies Blogspot.com
From Parenting Healthy Babies.com, we hope that this Christmas and New Year will bring more and more happiness to your families.