Children are the future. They’re the most priceless treasure a country has, and how we raise our children determines their attitude towards life, their thoughts and their future. It is therefore necessary that we raise them correctly, impart wisdom to them, and teach them proper values in life.
Here are some great quotes you could use to inculcate in your children values and help them learn some important lessons in life.
51 Home and Family Quotes That Foster Healthy Attitude in Children
- “Children must be taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think.” – Margaret Mead.
- “Without my children, my house would be clean and my wallet would be full, but my heart would be empty.” – Anonymous.
- “A child has a special way of adding joy to everyday.”- Anonymous.
- “Children need models, rather than critics.” – Joseph Joubert.
- “Children are not things to be molded, but people to be unfolded.” – Jess Lair.
- “It’s not our job to toughen up our children to face a cruel and heartless world. It is our job to raise children who make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” L. R. Knost.
- “If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money.”- Abigail Van Buren.
- “It isn’t what we say or think that defines us, it’s what we do.” – Jane Austen.
- “There are two things we should give our children: one is roots and the other is wings.” – Unknown.
- “Children are not a distraction from the most important work. They are the most important work.”- C.S. Lewis.
- “Every word, facial expression, gesture, or action on the part of a parent gives the child some message about self worth. It is sad that so many parents don’t realize what message they are sending.” – Virginia Satir.
- “The example we set for our kids – how to act when things don’t go our way – is much, much more important that the rules we set for them.” – Leo Babauta.
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss.
- “Family- we may not have it all together, but together we have it all.” – Unknown.
- “Children will not remember you for the material things that you provided them, but for the feeling that you cherished them.” – Richard L. Evans.
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B. King.
- “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R. Swindoll.
- “What we are speaks so loudly that our children may not hear what we say.”- Quentin L. Cook.
- “It’s not how big the house is that matters; it’s how happy the home is.” – Anonymous.
- “It doesn’t matter what story we’re telling. We’re telling the story of a family.” – Erica Lorraine Scheidt.
- “When people say you can’t do it, that it’s impossible – never lose hope. Just because they couldn’t doesn’t mean you can’t.” – Charles Dickens.
- “Don’t educate your children to be rich; educate them to be happy so they know the value of things, not the price.” – Unknown.
- “Choose faith instead of fear and life will become a lot more fun.” – Dave Willis.
- “Unpack you baggage so your kids don’t have to carry it.” – Lu Hanessian.
- “Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw.
- “The most treasured heirlooms are the sweet memories of our family that we pass down to our children.” – Unknown.
- “The most perfect society is that whose purpose is the universal and supreme happiness.” – Gottfried Liebnez.
- “Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “The child is the beauty of God present in the world, the greatest gift to a family.” – Mother Teresa.
- “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa.
- “Children are happy because they don’t have a file in their mind called ‘All Things that could go wrong.’” – Marianne Williamson.
- “Behind every child who believes in himself is a parent who believed in him first.” – Unknown.
- ”Every child is a different kind of flower and altogether make this world a beautiful garden.” – Anonymous.
- “A child can teach an adult three things: To be happy for no reason. To always be curious. To fight tirelessly for something.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men.” – Frederick Douglass.
- “Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate.” – Anonymous.
- “You have to love your children unselfishly. It is hard, but it is the only way.”- Barbara Bush.
- “Children aren’t colouring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favourite colours.” – Khaled Hosseini.
- ”The greatest gift you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” – Denis Waitley.
- “Love children especially, for they too are sinless like the angels; they live to soften and purify our hearts and, as it were, to guide us.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- “You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again.”-Jean Jacques Rousseau.
- “When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments—tenderness for what he is and respect for what he may become.”- Louis Pasteur.
- “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”- Albert Einstein.
- “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.”- Robert Fulghum.
- “A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice, but as yet unstained.” – Lyman Abbott.
- “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.”- Stacia Tauscher.
- “While we teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” –Angela Schwindt.
- “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.”- Henry Ward Beecher.
- “Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.”- John F. Kennedy.
- “Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there’s always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires.” – Marcelene Cox.
- “Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone.” – Michael Jackson.
These are few quotes both you and your children could follow in order to make your family and home a more positive, progressive place for you children.