One of the complications that you can face after childbirth is postpartum hemorrhoids. These are swollen veins in your rectal area. With unusual swelling, you may feel a soft mass sticking out of your anus.
What can happen in postpartum hemorrhoids?
When you have postpartum hemorrhoids, they can cause you itchiness. In some cases you can also experience a lot of pain. In extreme cases there may even be rectal bleeding. This happens more at the time of bowel movement
Postpartum hemorrhoids can be of varying sizes. They can be as small as raisins or as large as greapes. These are very common during pregnancy and during the time after childbirth. Usually, hemorrhoids that happen during pregnancy go away by themselves once you have given birth.
If you are careful to avoid constipation during pregnancy, you can expect the hemorrhoids to go away after childbirth. If you develop hemorrhoids post-childbirth, they can take longer to go. In fact, the symptoms may come and go.
What causes postpartum hemorrhoids?
Pregnancy and postpartum hemorrhoids are a result of the stress that is put on the perineum. Postpartum constipation can happen if you have had a vaginal delivery. This can cause your veins to be pressurized. The excessive hormones produced during pregnancy are also responsible for hemorrhoids. These cause the veins to relax resulting in more swelling.
Treating Postpartum Hemorrhoids Naturally
You can treat hemorrhoids at home with the below natural methods. Here are 11 awesome natural remedies that you can use to treat postpartum hemorrhoids.
Turmeric is known for its antibiotic properties. You can use this natural ingredient to successfully heal hemorrhoids.
- Take a small amount of mustard oil and mix with some turmeric powder
- Add a few drops of onion juice to this mixture
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Apply this paste to the affected areas
You will notice immediate relief from the pain and inflammation. Using this paste regularly will help heal the hemorrhoids effectively.
This fruit has many health benefits. You can also use the peels of the pomegranate fruit to treat postpartum hemorrhoids.
- Crush pomegranate skin to make one cup
- Add hot water to this powder
- Let the mixture cool down
- Drink this blend twice daily for best results
This is a quick remedy for piles which means you can get relief fast when using this remedy.
Postpartum hemorrhoids can cause significant amount of pain. More so if you have bleeding. One of the best natural ways to cure postpartum hemorrhoids is to use goat’s milk.
- Take 10 grams of ground mustard
- Add 10 big spoons of goat’s milk to the mustard
- Consume this mixture every morning before breakfast
Taking this mixture everyday can help reduce the pain and inflammation of hemorrhoids significantly.
Black Mustard and Yogurt
This is one of the best natural remedies for treating postpartum home remedies. It is safe to consume if you are nursing.
- Take some black mustard and ground it into a fine paste
- Add this to some fresh yogurt
- Have this mixture every morning before breakfast
- Top it off with a glass of buttermilk
Having this mixture followed by buttermilk will greatly help in providing relief from internal and external hemorrhoids.
You can use this everyday kitchen item to treat hemorrhoids successfully. Onions are known for their ability to reduce nerve irritation. This makes them a great natural cure for treating postpartum hemorrhoids.
- Take 1 piece of fresh red onion
- Add this to 3 large tablespoon of sugar
- Consume this mixture twice daily
You will soon notice the difference. Regular consumption of this mixture will help control the bleeding. It will also help provide relief from the nerve irritation and overall discomfort.
Tamarind flowers and yogurt
If you have bleeding hemorrhoids, try this natural cure. It is effective in providing relief from the pain.
- Take 1 large spoonful of tamarind flower extract
- Add fresh yogurt to this
- To this blend you can also add small amounts of pomegranate, coriander, and ginger powder
Consume this mixture with your lunch daily. It will help treat your postpartum hemorrhoids. It will also keep it from getting aggravated.
This is a must have for all new mothers. It is a wonderful and safe cure for new mommas to treat postpartum hemorrhoids. It is a safe and cost effective way to treat the condition at home.
- Soak a cloth in cold water and wring it thoroughly
- Put the witch hazel on the damp cloth
- Apply directly to the affected area for instant relief
- You can also use chilled witch hazel pads that are available in the drugstores
- Alternately you can fill the peri-bottle with witch hazel and spray on the affected areas
- You can also fill the peri-bottle with warm water and a little witch hazel
- Use this mixture to clean your perineal area will also help reduce the swelling
You can safely use this home remedy to cure the postpartum hemorrhoids. It is effective and safer that the store bought chemicals.
Use a Sitz Bath
Soaking your bottom in warm water can help provide great relief from the pain and discomfort. You can buy a sitz bath easily from the drugstores. It can also be provided by your hospital. A Sitz bath is a small plastic basin that you can fill with warm water.
This can be easily placed on the toilet. You can submerge your rectal area by simply sitting down. You should try to soak a few times everyday. Soak for at least 10 minutes at each time. Alternately, you can always run a hot bath and soak in the tub for a while.
This is yet another common kitchen item that can be used to cure postpartum hemorrhoids. It has been used for generations to treat many conditions. It is also effective in treating postpartum hemorrhoids.
- Take a small quantity of ginger juice
- Mix this with one small spoon of mint and lemon juice
- Add some honey
- Take this blend daily
Using this natural blend daily will give you great relief from the symptoms of postpartum hemorrhoids. It can be very effective in curing this condition.
Applying ice packs can be very helpful in giving you relief from the pain and inflammation. Here are some points to remember when using ice packs:
- Use an ice pack with a soft covering
- You can try a cold compress soaked with witch hazel
- Using a postnatal ice pack provided by your hospital is also a good option
- Alternate an ice pack with a warm bath or soak for best results
Ice packs are a great natural way to cure postpartum hemorrhoids. Ice will help reduce the swelling and overall discomfort.
Radish and Honey
This is another home remedy to try. Honey is one common home ingredient that can be used to treat many illnesses. Postpartum hemorrhoids can also be treated with honey when it is applied directly.
- Take 1 spoon of honey
- Add some radish juice to the honey
- Apply directly on the affected area
You will get instant healing from your discomfort. It is great for treating the pain and discomfort of postpartum hemorrhoids.
Some things to speed the healing process, can be done. These include:
- Avoiding and / or treating constipation
- Using the bathroom when you need to. Don’t hold in for the fear of pain. In fact, the longer you wait, the harder your stool might get. This in turn can actually cause more pain
- Try the Kegel exercises to strengthen the perineum area
If you don’t find any improvement in your condtion after using the natural cures at home, you should definitely contact your doctor. If you see that the hemorrhoids are persistent, or getting worse, don’t delay in getting proper medical treatment.
Timely detection and prevention is the best way to cure postpartum hemorrhoids. If you feel there is no improvement after using the home remedies, get immediate medical attention. Get treatment before the condition becomes worse.