Essential oils are the latest rage in today’s world. They are, at present, considered as an effective natural remedy for many health problems. They are believed to contain powerful medicine. However, akin to all other things, powerful medicines require careful handling. Although essential oils are wonderful for various purposes like beauty recipes, home cleaning, skin cleansing, everyday health issues like headaches, and lots more.
Not to be Missed Essential Oils
Essential oils are recently becoming a hot trend all around. You can use these in different ways like reed sticks, diffusers, or topically. Essential oils not only improve the immune system but also speed up the recovery time during sickness. Some other benefits of essential oils include air cleansing and numerous recipes – from headache relieving tea to natural bug deterrents.
Here’s a list of top essential homes that cannot be missed on :
1. Tea Tree Oil : This is volatile and extremely powerful oil that comes from Australian trees. Tea tree oil contains contain anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-viral, and antiseptic properties. These compounds cannot be found in any other oil. However, it is important to dilute it before use. Besides, it is also an amazing insect repellent. It works great for aching muscles and healing cuts, fungal abrasions, burns, and psoriasis as well.
2. Lavender Oil : There is nothing sweeter than lavender scent. It is known widely for its soothing effect on the body and mind. It calms and relaxes the nervous system and relieves migraines, headaches, and induces sleep in insomniacs. Besides, it also contains antibacterial compounds that work on healing burns, skin wounds, acne, and itchy bug bites. Lavender is also great for dandruff and other skin problems as well. Simply great for a stressful day!
3. Peppermint Oil : The peppermint oil is excellent for general all-round purposes. Peppermint essential oil helps improve mental alertness, provide lift in spirits, and improve energy levels, especially if you are making efforts to cut back on caffeine and sugar. Peppermint oil should be turned to when it comes to treating digestive problems. Whether it is bloating, indigestion, poor digestion, general stomach pain or nausea, peppermint oil is simply the solution. Besides, peppermint oil also contains anti-bacterial properties, which make it simply perfect for use in homemade toothpaste and maintaining healthy gums, free from bacteria that are responsible for cavities and gingivitis.
4. Citrus Scents : The range of citrus scents includes lemon, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, and orange. Citrus essential oils contain astringent and antiseptic properties that stimulate the immune system. These scents uplift the spirit and contain cleansing properties as well. Of these, tangerine is believed to be an amazing tonic for the digestive system. Grapefruit is a super detox while lemon stimulates the immune system by inducing the production of white blood cells.
5. Eucalyptus Oil : Eucalyptus has been used since ages to treat clogged sinuses and respiratory infections. It is also the key ingredient in many inhalers and soaps. The oil works as an expectorant by thinning mucus. Turn to this oil if you have a sinus infection, cold, congestion or a runny nose. Besides, eucalyptus essential oil is an excellent antiseptic and disinfectant that provides non-toxic cleaning.
6. Bay Essential Oil : This essential oil not only protects against septic but also inhibits microbial growth while providing relief from neuralgia pain. Furthermore, it provides health benefits like increased appetite, relief from pain, tightened gums, and reduced hair loss. The oil has also been used for treatment of hemorrhage and promotion of bile secretion. The Bay oil is also used as an insect repellent. Great, isn’t it!
7. Bitter Almond Essential Oil : The bitter almond essential oil provides amazing health benefits. These wide ranging benefits include killing bacteria, worms, germs, and fungi. It also reduces fever and inflammation. Being purgative, it increases urinations thus removing excess water, toxins, salt, and fat from the body. Besides, it also helps cure hydrophobia and spasms.
8. Chamomile Essential Oil : Chamomile essential oil has been in use for ages. It can be used for anything you can imagine. The health benefits provided by chamomile oil include protection of wounds from septic and infections along with curbing biotic growth and infections. It also helps fight depression and uplift mood, cure neuralgic pain by reducing swelling in the affected vessels. Chamomile oil also helps to reduce inflammation resulting from fever. Adding further, it improves nervous system, increases perspiration, sedates hyper-reactions and inflammation, kills bacteria, and fights infections.
9. Frankincense Essential Oil : The Frankincense Essential Oil is used to protect infections while inducing contraction in gums, muscles, and blood vessels. It also helps remove excessive gas, maintains cell health, heal scars while promoting cell regeneration. Most importantly, this oil increases digestion, promotes urination, cures cold and cough, regulates menstrual cycles, soothes inflammation and anxiety, and ensures good health of the uterus.
10. Nutmeg Essential Oil : This essential oil is considered as an antiemetic, analgesic, anti-rheumatic, antioxidant, antiseptic, and antispasmodic. This oil used to stop vomiting, relieve pain, treating arthritis and rheumatism, while protecting wounds from developing septic. Besides, it is also effective in reducing spasms, enhancing libido, improving heart health, kill parasites and worms, bowel cleansing, and preventing prostate enlargement.
11. Calamus Essential Oil : Calamus essential oil is highly beneficial to treat problems like arthritis and rheumatism. It relaxes spasm, inhibits microbial growth, while being good for brain health and memory. Also, it increases lymph and blood circulation, induces sleep and cures nervous disorders.
Well, if you are looking to use essential oils for any purpose, make it a point to dilute most of these in good quality carrier oil as a general rule. Some good carrier oils include jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil, and extra virgin olive oil. Dilute these essential oils by adding 3-5 drops of essential oil per every tablespoon of carrier oil. However, for those with a sensitive skin, cut it down to 2 drops per tablespoon. Most importantly, essential oils should not be used for kids under the age of seven. They might be sensitive and show hyper-reactions.